Jonah 2:1-10 (NKJV)1 Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the fish's belly.2 And he said: "I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction, And He answered me. "Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, And You heard my voice.
- Psalm 65:2 (NKJV)2 O You who hear prayer, To You all flesh will come.
3 For You cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
- Psalm 88:6 (NKJV)6 You have laid me in the lowest pit, In darkness, in the depths.
- Psalm 42:7 (NKJV)7 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
4 Then I said, 'I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.'
- Psalm 31:22 (NKJV)22 For I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before Your eyes"; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications When I cried out to You.
- Psalm 5:7 (NKJV)7 But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
5 The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; The deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head.
- Psalm 69:1 (NKJV)1 Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck.
6 I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O LORD, my God
- Psalm 16:10 (NKJV)10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
.7 "When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the LORD; And my prayer went up to You, Into Your holy temple.
- Psalm 18:10 (NKJV) 10 And He rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind.
8 "Those who regard worthless idols Forsake their own Mercy.
- Psalm 31:6 (NKJV)6 I have hated those who regard useless idols; But I trust in the LORD.
.9 But I will sacrifice to You With the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
- Psalm 50:14 (NKJV)14 Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High.
- Psalm 3:8 (NKJV)8 Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah
."10 So the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
In this short chapter and prayer Jonah expressed; extreme sorrow; the truth about God’s goodness, fairness, and justice, and remembrance of God’s promises.
When yo p0ray God’s Word back to Him, He will bring hope back into your life.