Ephesians 6:10-12 (NKJV) 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (emphasis mine)
If those principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, spiritual hosts of wickedness have moved in on you and they have launched a full scale attack on you and your life, then you will have to go on the offensive and take them out by the Word of God (the sword of the Spirit) and the power of the Holy Spirit.
The sword of the Spirit is what Jesus used when He resisted Satan and Satan fled.
Matthew 4:1-11 (NKJV)1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.' "7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the LORD your God.' "8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him. (emphasis mine)
If you do not go on the offensive and take them out by the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, then they will stay right where they are at and they will continue to attack, harass, and torment you until you are willing to do something about it.
Here are 31 scriptures from the Word of God to put in your offensive arsenal to fight and resist your spiritual enemy. When you resist with these weapons they are guaranteed to flee. But don't become complacent they will come back and try again, stay ready and be prepared for any attack.
The sword of the Spirit, in addition to being an offensive weapon, reminds us that God knows us and understands what we face in this war. It builds our faith and our trust in God. It guards our hearts and focuses our minds on God. When we use the sword of the Spirit we will win the battle.
1. James 4:7-8 NKJV Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
2. 1 John 4:4 (NKJV) 4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
3. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NKJV) 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
4. 1 Peter 5:8-9 (NKJV) 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
5. Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV) 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD.
6. Ephesians 6:11-17 (NKJV) 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
7. Romans 8:37 (NKJV) 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
8. 1 Corinthians 15:57 (NKJV) 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. Zechariah 4:6 (NKJV) 6 So he answered and said to me: "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts.
10. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NKJV) 3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
11. Luke 10:19 (NKJV) 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
12. John 10:10 (NKJV) 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
13. Matthew 18:18-19 (NKJV) 18 Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
14. Deuteronomy 28:7 (NKJV) 7 "The LORD will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
15. John 16:33 (NKJV) 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
16.1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
17. John 8:32 (NKJV) 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
18. Romans 12:21 (NKJV) 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
19. Revelation 12:11 (NKJV) 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
20. 1 Timothy 6:12 (NKJV) 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
21. Matthew 16:18 (NKJV) 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
22. 1 John 3:8 (NKJV) 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. (emphasis mine)
23.Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV) 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
24. Joshua 23:10 (NKJV) 10 One man of you shall chase a thousand, for the LORD your God is He who fights for you, as He promised you.
25. Deuteronomy 3:22 (NKJV) 22 You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you.'
26.Romans 8:31 (NKJV) 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
27. Psalm 44:5 (NKJV) 5 Through You we will push down our enemies; Through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us.
28. Joshua 1:9 (NKJV) 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
29. Psalm 18:39 (NKJV) 39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
30. Psalm 91:1-4 (NKJV) 1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
31.2 Chronicles 20:15 (NKJV) 15 And he said, "Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.