Here are some of the scriptures that I turn to at those times when it feels as if everything is falling apart and that I'm all alone.
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."6 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
- Psalm 34:17 (NKJV) The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
- Isaiah 43:2 (NKJV) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
- Psalm 46:1-3 (NKJV) 1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A song for Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;3 Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling.
- Romans 4:20-22 (NKJV) 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness."
- Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV) You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
- Lamentations 3:21-23 (NKJV) 21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope.22 Through the LORD'S mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
- James 1:2-5 (NKJV) 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- Hebrews 4:16 (NKJV) Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- Psalm 27:14 (NKJV) Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
- Philippians 4:19 (NKJV) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Many things in life are uncertain and we have very little control over them but we do know that God is always in control.
How do you keep the faith? Do you have some favorite scripture, quotes or sayings? Please share them in the comments.